Please note: This weekend's church services will be held as normally scheduled.
|REGULAR MASS SCHEDULE
Celebrations of the Eucharist
Saturday Mass .............8:30am
Saturday Spanish Mass..7:30pm
Sunday Mass ...............7:30am 9:00am 11:00am 5:30pm
Weekdays....................7:00am & 8:30am
11:00-11:30am & 3:00-3:30pm & Also By Appointment
PRIESTS & DEACONS
Daniel Joseph Petrillo
St. Joseph Parish is a welcoming Catholic community of faith that embraces its diversity and reaches out to all of God’s children. We nourish our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ through the Sacraments, the Word and the Eucharist. We strive to increase out stewardship by sharing our time, talent and treasures.
For the most up-to-the-minute information at St. Joseph Parish, see our WEEKLY BULLETIN:or visit us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
Part-time Sacristan Position Available
Beginning October 1, 2019
St Joseph Catholic Church seeks a part time Sacristan (23-25 hours alternating weeks including weekends).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The sacristan has a shared responsibility in taking care of the inside of the church and Sanctuary including preparations for all Masses 7 days a week. Additionally, the Sacristan opens the church daily, prepares the church for weddings, funerals, baptisms and other special events. For each Mass the Sacristan prepares the priests vestments, the Sacramentary, the Lectionary and sets up the altar for the celebrant. Responsible for ordering all church supplies including altar breads, wine, candles, palms, flowers, charcoal and incense. Requires shopping and selecting flowers to arrange for the altar weekly and also for special occasions. Responsible for changing the altar clothes as needed and delivering and picking them up from the dry cleaner along with priest vestments. Laundry and ironing of albs, vestments and linens on site for all non-dry cleaned items. Approachable and caring individual to address the needs of the congregation.
- Basic familiarity and understanding of Catholic Rituals as they pertain to the Holy Mass;
- Attention to detail is imperative, as is a sound moral standing in the faith and the Church’s Teachings.
- Basic computer skills necessary.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with the other part time Sacristan.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Highly Important to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good judgment
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others. The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please forward Resume (mail or email) and three Letters of Reference to Father Noel McGrath: [email protected] or fax to 772-287-4998.
No phone calls please.
St. Joseph Catholic School, rooted in Gospel values and entered on the Eucharist, celebrates the uniqueness of each child by providing a safe, nurturing environment, promoting academic excellence, encouraging service to others, and cultivating artistic self-expression.
Monday, September 9
7am - Fr. Noel| 8:30am—Fr. John
Tuesday, September 10
7am - Fr. Noel| 8:30am—Fr. Wisman
Wednesday, September 11
7am - Fr. John| 8:30am—Fr. Noel
Thursday, September 12
7am - Fr. Noel| 8:30am—Fr. John
Friday, September 13
7am - Fr. Wisman| 8:30 - Fr. John
Saturday, September 14
8:30am - Fr. John| 4:00pm - Fr. Wisman| 7:30pm (Spanish Mass) - Fr. Wisman
Sunday, September 8
7:30am - Fr. Noel| 9am - Fr. John| 11am - Fr. Hank Lemoncelli| 5:30pm - Fr. John
We hope you will choose electronic giving through Faith Direct to support St. Joseph Catholic Church. Here’s why...
- It’s simple: Signing up with Faith Direct is easy, and you can manage your giving online, with a quick phone call, or with their convenient iPhone App! Faith Direct can also provide you with cards to place in the offertory basket as a visible sign of your electronic giving.
- It saves time: No more worrying about writing a check each week or finding envelopes every Sunday morning. (And with new bank fees for check usage, you might save money too!)
- It’s good stewardship: Your electronic gifts through Faith Direct make accounting more efficient and helps us use less paper. Plus, it lets our parish receive the donations our many ministries depend on even when you can’t join us for Mass.
Faith Direct is a blessing for our parish. A “win-win” for both of us! Ready to sign up? Visit www.faithdirect.net & use parish code FL569 for your enrollment.
Thank you for supporting St. Joseph Catholic Church!
St. Joseph Church has so many ways for you to share your time and talent! Thank you for getting involved!
- To sign up online for an upcoming volunteer opportunity using Sign-Up Genius, click HERE
- To sign up online to be an EMHC, Lector, Altar Server, Greeter, Usher or Cantor, click HERE
- To sign up online to be an Adorer in our Adoration Chapel, click HERE
- To see a hard copy of all of St. Joseph's upcoming volunteer opportunities, please click HERE
If you have an issue accessing the information on FORMED, please use Parish Code: VWCM4F